SHEBOYGAN (WITI) — Sheboygan residents were temporarily urged to keep their windows closed Saturday evening, May 24th. This, after someone reported the odor of ammonia near 8th and Michigan.
The odor was detected shortly after 5 p.m. and a fire unit responded to the area to investigate.
City records show this property is owned by Three Twins Organic Inc. and it is the site of the former Zurheide Ice Cream Co. Officials found an ammonia leak in the freezer compressor room in the basement of this property.
As of Saturday evening, the vapors had almost all been contained within the structure and officials said there is no immediate danger to the residents.
There have been no injuries to report.